A. Every other minute for 20 minutes (10 sets) build the following complex.
- Power Snatch + Overhead Squat
B. 5 rounds for time of:
- 9 Deadlifts @ 95/135
- 6 Hang Power Snatches @ 95/135
- 3 Overhead Squats @ 95/135
For White and Red Team, this workout is an opportunity to skill Snatch and Overhead Squat. For Black Team, this is an opportunity to hit a heavy OHS from floor. Scale as follows:
- For Part A, start with an empty bar and build slowly from there. Build based on your ability to pause for 3 seconds at the bottom of your Overhead Squat (your bottom based on current mobility). Do Hang Power Snatches instead of Power Snatches. For Part B, choose one weight/barbell for all 3 movements; base that weight on the weaker lift, your Snatch or Overhead Squat. If your Overhead Squat skill is so deficient that the Deadlift and Snatch loads are too light for a goodworkout, then change the workout to 5 RFT of:
- 9 Deadlifts
- 9 Hang Power Snatches
- 9 Overhead Wall Squats with 3 second pause at bottom of each rep.
- On Part A, build to a moderately challenging and clean complex of Power Snatch + Overhead Squat without any misses. Part B prescribed loads will be too heavy for most of you; 85/125 feels more appropriate for our Red Team athletes.
Five rounds, each for time of:
- 12 Pull-ups
- 20 Push-ups
- 26 Sit-ups
- 32 Airsquats
Challengers: Rest precisely three minutes between each round. Follow the Pullup link above to see scales for Pullups which given the higher volume today, many of you will be doing Ring Rows. If you’re strong enough to do the full version of “Barbara,” that is 5 rounds for time of: 20 Pullups, 30 Pushups, 40 Situps, 50 Airsquats. Rest assured that we rarely program that WOD in the WOD classes (once or twice a year) given its level of difficulty so please choose wisely.